Our Residency Program at the Dora Maar House
We invite mid-career artists and humanities professionals to apply to our program.
Who is eligible to be a Fellow ?
Mid-career artists and scholars who have submitted a completed application.
What does the Fellowship include ?
- one to two months in residence at the Dora Maar House
- a private bedroom and bath, and a study or studio in which to work
- expenses paid for round-trip travel from a fellow’s home to the Dora Maar House
- a grant based upon the length of stay at Dora Maar House
What is expected of the Fellows?
- that you enjoy the opportunities this remarkable residence offers you;
- that you help us learn about the residence’s strengths and weaknesses and suggest how we can improve the Dora Maar experience;
- that you use your time well;
- that you are friendly to the citizens of Ménerbes while you are there; and make one public presentation during the monthly “Salons”;
- that you donate to Dora Maar House one drawing, publication, etc. created during your stay there;
- and, should a publication come from your work there, that you recognize The Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar House in your acknowledgements.
There are regular monthly Salons (March – November) held to showcase the residents’ work to the local community.
The Dora Maar House has four private bedrooms, each with a private bath, three studies for writers and scholars, a studio for artists, and a piano. There are shared kitchen, library, living and dining rooms, along with two beautiful gardens. The house is equipped with high-speed wireless internet, printer, fax, and laptops for the fellows’ convenience.